Monday 8 January 2018

2017: What a Year!


Well, 2017 was interesting, to say the least. In fact, it was a pretty damn good year!

A lot happened last year, including a hell of a lot of travelling (which I am so happy about), I moved to a different country, I got my first part-time job (which I love) and I also got hit in the face by a wet floor sign and got concussion. So yeah, been eventful.

So, I travelled a fair bit last year. I visited some absolutely insane places, including Amsterdam, Rome, Florence, Prague and even Magaluf. Yes, I went to Maga, and I promise you it is nowhere near as bad as everyone says it is. In fact, it was an absolute cracker of a holiday, and I had a right laugh with some of my best mates.

So first, I visited Amsterdam, which I actually wrote a post about last year. It was the first time my boyfriend and I had gone on a trip abroad just us two, and it was great to explore such a beautiful city with my best mate.


My next adventure was Prague, which again was a beautiful city, and one that I would love to return to. I visited here with my family, and got to explore quite a bit!


I then went to the infamous Magaluf, and had a bloody great time! Yes, we all got very drunk and embarrassed ourselves with horrendous dancing and karaoke (shout out to Courtney for our High School Musical duet), but it was a holiday that I will never forget. I bloody love my uni mates and am so thankful to have friends that I can just be an absolute idiot with.


I then went to London for a week, where I have frequently visited before, but never to do this. I actually interned at a business in the marketing department, and I absolutely loved it, and it has helped me realise that this is definitely something that I would like to pursue in the future. I visited London a fair few times last year, and had an amazing breakfast with my Mum in the Sky Garden, which I have pictures below. I also went to a fab blogger event, which you can read all about here.


Okay, so then I made one of the biggest decisions of my life and moved abroad. I actually moved to Italy. And it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have made some amazing friends and have been lucky to have visited some amazing places, including Rome, Milan, Florence and Pisa. I hope to venture to more places in 2018, as I absolutely adore Italy, and really want to make the most out of living there. Plus, my family love it, as they get an excuse for a holiday to Italy. Mum, Dad, you are very welcome!



I also turned 21, which still makes me want to curl up and cry, as that is too adult-y for me. I am not an adult. I refuse.

However, I had the absolute best party at the end of the year, where all my family and friends came, we got drunk, had a dance and I loved every second of it! It was the best end to a great year. Plus, I got to dress up all fancy, and if you know me, I never wear dresses. It is a very rare occurrence.



So yeah, was a pretty decent year! I cannot wait to see what 2018 brings, and I cannot wait to visit more amazing places.

What was your highlight of 2017?

Much love amigos,

Grace x




2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished